The history of western thought gathered in a complete and accurate encyclopedia. Authors, doctrines, schools (from atomism to existentialism, and from positivism to phenomenology), research scopes (ethics, logic, aesthetics, epistemology, hermeneutics, language philosophy, neurosciences), concepts (from abduction to ideal type, from entelechy to truth, from artificial intelligence to postmodern). Furthermore, 300 key works in the history of philosophy, annotated and set against the production of the author, and entries dedicated to “human sciences”: pedagogy, psychology, psychoanalysis, sociology, cultural anthropology, linguistics, theology.
The app allows for easy and user-friendly features, from a direct search along the full list of entries, to an advanced search within headwords or full-text, in order to display those entries satisfying the search parameters.
- More than 3300 entries written by specialists
- Places and dates of birth for each figure
- Dating of works
- 300 summaries of philosophical key works
- Synoptical chronology
- A circuit of 4500 crossreferences between entries
- iTunes: Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using iOS 6 and later versions
- Google Play: Compatibile with smartphones and tablets Android 4.0 e later versions
- Amazon: Compatibile with smartphones and tablets using Android 4.0 and later versions
- Complete offline use
- User interface in Italian and English
- Index search in the entry box
- Headword and full text search
The app Garzantina Filosofia is available on the following online stores: