English has been the language of universal communication for many decades. More than a billion of non-native speakers is continuously enriching and modifying it. That is why translators, students and businessmen increasingly call for a new dictionary, able to describe a language in continuous evolution, particularly in educational and professional contexts.
The Hoepli English Dictionary, now available in a version for mobile devices, is a rich, reliable and up-to-date tool that can answer the needs of translators, students and professionals who deal with the English language every day. This dictionary features a great wealth of headwords, resulting from a radically innovative research and design, which joins a modern presentation allowing for quick consultation and an extraordinary richness of information, among which: inflected forms, dependent prepositions following nouns and adjectives, indication of the constructions of all English and Italian verbs and of countable or uncountable nouns.
With more than 200,000 entries and more than 500,000 examples, phrases and meanings, this app stands out for the update, quality (coverage of all the language sectors both main and secondary) and quantity of content. All these aspects make it by far the best and most comprehensive English-Italian/English-English dictionary on the market. This high-end work is mainly targeted at professional users (translators) and advanced students (high school and university), who can appreciate its richness of content, its in-depth analysis of meanings and submeanings and the useful grammatical information it provides.
In a single dictionary the user can find a wide range of headwords and idioms of contemporary language as well as the technical, scientific, medical, economic and commercial jargon. Moreover there is also a thesaurus of over 67,000 synonyms and antonyms.
Descrizione del prodotto
• Essential tool for anyone who works with the English and Italian languages
• 200.000 headwords
• 600.000 exceptions and phraseological forms
• 70.000 synonyms and antonyms
• Systematic information regarding the sectors terms are used in
• 161 search categories
• iTunes: compatible with iPhone, iPad e iPod touch using iOS 6 and later versions;
• Google Play: compatible with smartphones and tablets Android 4.0 and later versions;
• Amazon: compatible with smartphones and tablets using Android 4.0 and later versions (including Fire devices).
• Complete offline use
• Base search: displays all the Italian and English headwords matching the entered term
• Advanced search: allows to search the phraseology and full text
• Ability to select the categories for the advanced search
The app English-Italian/Italian-English Dctionary is available on the following online stores: