The app Grande Dizionario Greco Classico by Jannis Korinthios aims to reconcile a scientific treatment with a clear, comprehensive and simple explanation, following the latest spreading and communication forms; it is mainly intended to satisfy the needs of classical secondary school and university students.
Designed with innovative graphical and textual features, the dictionary stands out because of the abundance of entries, and the comprehensiveness of verbal paradigms, constructions, phraseology, and idioms.
This dictionary is a definitive tool for the modern study of ancient Greek, away from both oversimplification and complexity, allowing effortless consultation to a wide range of users. The entry list includes all words used by authors commonly studied in secondary schools specializing in classical studies. Translations have been chosen in order to respect the current use of Italian language.
- User interface in Italian and English
- Over 140,000 entries
- 7,500 verbal paradigms and inflected forms
- 25,000 constructions
- 13,500 phrases and proverbs
- 4,500 synonyms and antonyms
- 750 Greek prefixes and suffixes used in Italian
- Complete offline use
- Index: displays in alphabetical order all the Greek entries that match the characters you entered
- Search: allows to search the phraseology and full text
- Ability to define search categories
- In Portrait mode, ability to scroll the definitions to the right to return to the list of entries or search results
- Ability to change the font size of the definitions
- iTunes: Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using iOS 6 and later versions
- Google Play: Compatibile with smartphones and tablets Android 4.0 e later versions
- Amazon: Compatibile with smartphones and tablets using Android 4.0 and later versions
- Windows: Compatible with PCs Windows 10 (all editions) and smartphones and tablets Windows 10 Mobile and later versions
This app is available on the following online stores: