Spanning from Homer to Dan Brown, the app “le Garzantine – Medioevo” offers a comprehensive reference of 1000 years of history and civilization, from the end of the classic world up to the down of the Renaissance, that laid the foundations of modern Europe, are dissected by means of main figures, events, and institutions. From Charlemagne to Frederick Barbarossa, from Benedict of Norcia to Francis of Assisi, from Giotto to Simone Martini, from Boccaccio to François Villon, from Abelard to Occam, from paladin Orlando to Tristan and Iseult, this alphabetical and interdisciplinary reference brings you to discover one of the most complex and fascinating historical period: society, culture, tradition, imagination.
A voyage centered in western Europe, spanning over the European East, the Slavic world, the Byzantine empire, the Jewish world, Islam, and the Far East.
The app allows for easy and user-friendly features, from a direct search along the full list of entries, to an advanced search within headwords or full-text, in order to display those entries satisfying the search parameters.
- More than 8000 entries written by specialists
- Places and dates of birth for each figure
- Dating of literary, philosophic, and artistic works
- Special pages with thematic widenings
- Chronologic tables
- Tables of royal and imperial dynasties, popes, and antipopes
- Historic and thematic atlas
- A circuit of 12.000 cross-references between entries
- iTunes: Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using iOS 6 and later versions
- Google Play: Compatibile with smartphones and tablets Android 4.0 e later versions
- Amazon: Compatibile with smartphones and tablets using Android 4.0 and later versions
- Complete offline use
- User interface in Italian and English
- Index search in the entry box
- Headword and full text search
The app Garzantina Medioevo is available on the following online stores: