The app Legal Lexicon in 3 languages by Alfredo Snozzi is the first juridical trilingual dictionary (Italian-German-French), with more than 10.000 headwords and expressions taken from the juridical, political, and administrative language. Although pointed on the Italian and Swiss law systems, the data bank is full of links to legislations and juridical terminology of other European countries, mainly France and Germany. Because of its structure and content, it differs from traditional bilingual dictionaries as not only it is trilingual, but it also defines and contextualizes the individual headwords, indicating any different meanings..
The app is a valuable tool targeted not only to legal practitioners (lawyers, judges, officials), but also to linguists, professional translators, and students in law, politics, social sciences, and, in general to those interested in events and institutions of legal and social life.
The author Alfredo Snozzi has been chief of the Legislation Service and of the Italian Translation Service at the Federal Swiss Chancellery in Bern, and professor of juridical translation for over 30 years at the University of Geneva.
The app user interface, available in three languages (Italian, French, and German), allows you to search headwords, sub-headwords and full text.
- Ideal for technical translators, teachers, students, professionals and legal consultants working with Italian, German and French
- 12,800 among Italian headwords, sub-headwords, and expressions
- 15,000 French translations and 15.000 German translations
- 10,000 definitions with more than 3000 links to Swiss, Italian, German, and French legislation
- 3500 links between entries
- iTunes: Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using iOS 6 and later versions
- Google Play: Compatibile with smartphones and tablets Android 4.0 e later versions
- Amazon: Compatibile with smartphones and tablets using Android 4.0 and later versions
- User interface in Italian, French, and German
- The app can be used offline
- Search: allows to search the entries, sub-entries, and full text
- References are highlighted and selectable within definitions
- In Portrait mode, ability to scroll the definitions to the right to return to the list of entries or search results
- Ability to change the font size of the definitions
This app is available on the following online stores: